Saturday, November 24, 2012

So I was nominated for the Liebster Blog award the other day by Hollie at http://thewarbride.blogspot.com/.  I am super excited especially since I just started my little blog not too long ago. It is people like her that inspired me to start writing about my life and loves, and her blog in particular is especially entertaining. If you are a lover of vintage lifestyle, she has a fabulous blog about her and her love of the 40's and 50's, especially WWII era.
So here are the rules for the award....

1) Link and follow the blogger who awarded you

2) Blog about the award

3) Give the award to five others (preferably with less than 200 followers)

4) Answer the 11 questions I've asked at the bottom of this post, and then give 11 of your own to the bloggers you've awarded!
So here are the questions that have been asked of me...
1)What is your fail safe technique for perfect vintage hair?
I am asked similar questions every day about my hair and how I do it and if I do it myself. The truth is, is that having vintage inspired locks is very easy. I have a grown out "middy" haircut so it's perfect for rolling and styling. I only wash my hair about 2 times a week which makes it very easy to stay where I put it. Keeping your hair too clean makes it flimsy to work with I find. I think the best tip I have is to throw away your curling irons and pin curl your hair. The curls last so much longer and the style holds better too, creating the perfect foundation for all vintage styles.
2)if you could raid any one's wardrobe,dead or alive, who would it be?
No one famous... a woman named Karen who use to own the best vintage shop I have ever seen. It was called Alley Cats and is no longer around, but walking into her shop, which was secluded in a little alley in the basement of an old bricked building, was like stepping into something reminiscent of Alice in Wonderland. I would be lost in there for hours just digging and finding treasures!
3)whats your favourite thing about dressing the way you do?
Everything is tailored and designed to fit. With my hourglass figure, I know I will find something that looks and fits it's best for me. Plus I hate having such a cookie cutter wardrobe that most people have. I do not like blending in by any means!
4)which vintage star do you have the biggest crush on and why?
I grew up loving Elvis. I use to play house when I was a little girl and I was always Elvis! But as I got older I fell for Clark Gable.....oh those eyes.....everything about that man is sexy. Even in the Misfits I found him irresistible
5)what is it about your favourite era that you love the most?
I love bits and pieces about every era, but I think the class of the 40s is what I love most. Just the stature and poise that women had back then is perfect.
6)what are your makeup essentials?
Oh this is hard. I am a makeup artist by profession so I have quite a list of loves! If I had to narrow it down to the essentials I would say that every woman needs a perfect powder. I use Airspun which is cheap and easy to find here in the states and has been around since the 30s. It is translucent but with extra coverage so I can use it to set my foundation or just press it on over moisturizer for a soft and even complexion. You also need mascara that will give you the perfect faux lash look, I use Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara with a primer from Tarte. It's fool proof! Lastly you need your lipstick in a colour that is signature to you. Mine is YSL Rouge Volupte in #18 rouge taboo over NARS lip liner in Amazon. If I am in a hurry I just dab a bit of my lipstick on my cheeks for the perfect matching blush. TADA!
7)If you could have any job what would it be?
Owning my own vintage shop in a 50's trailer and traveling all over selling my items and using it for props for photoshoots and events.
8) what is your most treasured item?
My vintage Dior monogram clutch I found at Alley Cats when I was about 15 or 16. The owner gave it to me for $15.....I cried!
9)what makes you feel the most glamorous?
I feel the most glamorous when I throw my apron on and spend the day in fully done hair and makeup cooking, cleaning, and taking care of little girl :-)
10)favourite films or band?
I have so many favorites! I will say that I am very into Helen Forrest. Her voice is unreal! As far as films, one of my most favorite movies is Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. Marilyn plays the epitome of the perfect girl in that movie. I loved her role as Lorelei Lee so much, I named my daughter after her character!
11)if you could one piece of advice to someone wanting to build a vintage wardrobe what would it be? Start small. Look for accessories and things you can easily tie into your current style. This way you can evolve into an eclectic soul. You will develop a unique vintage style and feel comfortable about your new wardrobe!
So That may have been a little longer then intended but I had too much fun answering those questions! So I have given the Liebster award to the following bloggers...
And here are my questions.
1.) When did you start collecting vintage pieces and why?
2.) What reactions do you get from others when you are out dressed to the nines?
3.) Who is your favorite designer of the 40's - 60's?
4.) How do you describe your style?
5.) What type of other hobby's do you have?
6.) Do you have a favorite place to shop online or local?
7.) What are your go-to vintage pieces in your wardrobe?
8.) What is your signature lip color?
9.) What pinup or starlet are you most like or you look up to as inspiration?
10.) What is your favorite perfume or fragrance?
11.) What beauty look from the era do you love the most? Hairstyles, moon mani, seamed stockings, etc.
Thank you again so much Hollie! This was quite a treat!
xoxo Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award. :)
    Only I am very bad at awards..... :(
    I will answer the questions. :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I am very new to this...I thought it was fun answering the questions. I can't wait to read yours!
      XOXO lindsay

      Delete